Here's what you need:
-Elmer's Glue (do not get the cheap stuff - apparently, it doesn't work too well)
-Borax or any kind of laundry powdered soap (Borax is probably cheapest and can be found at the grocery store)
- hot and cold water
- food coloring - they make some in neon colors, which are fun
- any type of plastic spiders/bugs etc. - I got a big package of them for $1 at Walmart
- mason jar
1) Mix 4 oz. of glue with 1 cup water. Add food coloring to desired color.
2) Mix as much borax as will dissolve in hot water. I used about a cup of hot water and just kept adding borax and stirring until it got thick and no more would dissolve.
3) VERY IMPORTANT: Now take 1 cup of the glue solution and add slowly to 1/3 of a cup of the borax solution. It is very important to add the glue to the borax, pouring the glue slowly and stirring. Immediately, it should start to thicken up.
4) Add plastic spiders/bugs/etc. to slime. Place in mason jar and decorate jar.
I used the Cricut Frightful Affair cartridge to cut out this "poison" word art at 1-1/4" with vinyl in both orange and black.
9 Months cartridge!
How can you win?
1) Leave a comment below: Did you ever play with or make slime before? I used to play with it when I was a kid and when you bought it, it came in these little green trash can containers. I thought it was so fun. Eventually, the slime would pick up lint, hair, etc. and then it got really gross. LOL!
2) Subscribe or follow the blog. That's it!
Be sure and check out Joy's and Melanie's personal blogs for more creative goodness at Obsessed with Scrapbooking and Courtney Lane Designs!
Click HERE to learn how to leave comments.
Click HERE to learn how to find OVER 600 project ideas on this site!
This post may contain affiliate links
Subscribe to Everyday Cricut to learn more about ways to use the Cricut in your cardmaking and scrapbooking!